Question about restore.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I know this sounds ridiculous and I should know the answer to this I should feel by now. Lately my 3GS has been acting a little weird whenever I closer out of an app switch apps it seeks that the app squares and the dock are enlarged for a quick second then go back to normal. It started to irritate me so I did a restore. My phone now feels a lot quicker and doesn't have the problems it did before. So my question is, is it actually a good thing to do a full restore now and then? I would expect apple to have that in words somewhere just to give the customers a heads up.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

A restore and setup as new will definitely make the iPhone more snappy. You can also get this affect by resetting all settings.

3. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I've always used iPhone well just the 2nd gen and this 3GS and most likely the new one too, but just never restores or reset to often. Only if something was really acting up which was rare. How often do you, do a restore or reset the settings? Or how often do most users do this?

4. Jinkst macrumors regular

I used to do a restore probably once a month. It's amazing how much better the iPhone runs after it.

Now that I'm jailbroken I hardly ever do it though. I think it'd be six months since the last restore I've performed. Needless to say my phone is lagging a lot these days but I hardly use it now I have my iPad.