Question About Restoring iPhone 3G (3.1.2)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KCWolfPck, Apr 12, 2010.

1. KCWolfPck macrumors regular

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G currently running 3.1.2. I never upgraded to 3.1.3, nor do I want to at this time.

I've been having a problem with Cydia. It won't start-up anymore (crashes during start-up). This happened ever since I was stupid and tried installing the MyWi Cracked app.

What I'd like to do is just restore my iPhone and then rejailbreak. Before I do that, I just have a couple questions:

1) When I restore, will iTunes automatically try to restore/upgrade to 3.1.3, giving my the latest firmware....or will it just restore to it's current firmware version?

2) After rejailbreaking, will I be able to redownload my paid apps (there are only a couple i.e. Unrestrictor3G, Backgrounder, and a theme)?

Thanks for your help.

KCWolfPck

2. dragonc12 macrumors member

dragonc12

yes when you restore it will restore you to 3.1.3. I just went through this process because i was having issues with wi-fi.

i followed this process on iClarified. Basically after you restore you need to point redsnow to the ipsw provided in the download :)

I used package backup to keep all my downloaded jailbreak programs in order. but when you go back to re-download everything it will not ask you to pay again if you've already paid.

3. luvu01 macrumors regular

you can use pwnage tool to create 3.1.2 firmware. then shift restore with that firmware you already made. remember to check already pwnage.