Question about restoring/re-jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rocknblogger, Jan 22, 2012.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I need to restore my phone because of a couple problems I have.

One problem was there prior to jb'ing. The volume spontaneously goes to full volume. I can see the volume control window pop up when no volume button was pressed and the only way to get rid of it is to press the volume down button. I'm hoping a restore will fix this issue.

After jailbreaking respringing can take as long as three minutes. Also when I install, update, remove, add/remove repos my phone becomes unresponsive. The home button doesn't work and Cydia may stay responsive and may be unresponsive.

I'm hoping restoring then rejailbreaking will fix this.

Here's my question:
    I think I should restore as new however, I would love to do a backup prior to restoring so that I can keep all my documents/files from various apps and games but I was told I shouldn't restore a backup because I may restore the problems. So is there no way for me to save my apps and game data?

Thanks in advance!!

2. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No opinions or suggestions? Did I ask the question wrong?