Question About Returning 3G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BobboZR2, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I got my 3G on July 11th at an AT&T store. I did the negative black test today and discovered that I have some negative black issues. I didn't buy the phone at an Apple store, but would I be able to set up a Genius appointment to replace my iPhone with a new one? Is this a warranty issue? Since the stores in my area most likely don't have any in stock, would I still be able to go to an Apple store a week from now and replace my phone?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You can always get service at an Apple Store. If there are none in stock, they will order one, then call you to set up a replacement.

TEG

3. BobboZR2 thread starter macrumors regular

With the issues I described above, would they replace it with a new one?

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

This early it its life, yes. They only have refurbs after a few months, and they rarely repair and give them back, they usually replace it, fix it, the reuse it.

TEG

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

It also depends on the Apple Store and how passionate you are. Some of them will just shrug it off and say "its the limit of the technology at this time." But then, the people at my Apple Store are kind of *****.

6. BobboZR2 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I've never been in an Apple store in my life so I don't know how the people are in the one I'm going to (Freehold, NJ). I set up an appointment for 9:10am tomorrow morning.

Should I get there early to stand in line with iPhone buyers or will I get priority to go to the genius bar if I got in at 9:05am as suggested by Apple.com?

7. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Just go to the Genius Bar. If they have you wait then that's completely ridiculous.

8. BobboZR2 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, cool. Thanks for the prompt replies guys. I really appreciate it.

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

How do you test for the negative black? But yeah, just go to the genius bar and they should get you a replacement. :)

10. BobboZR2 thread starter macrumors regular

I went to the website: appleservedup.com from my iPhone.