Question about Returning and Buying

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Chrisrokc, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

I bought a Macbook last week with my ADC discount. It shipped out on time but the shipment got delayed to like the middle of next week. I also selected 2-3 day shipping... >:eek:

My question is, if I go to the Apple Store and purchase the exact same 2.0 Macbook can I return a different one in its space on the same Apple Store Receipt (so I can keep my ADC discount)??

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

No.

Wait, let me thinks a minute.

Yeah, still no.

3. KSpider macrumors regular

You can return a computer within 14 days of DELIVERY from apple... at no charge if unopened. Dunno if ADC has any affect

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

You can return a store bought computer to Apple stores for a full refund or credit towards your upgrade purchase. If opened then there is the restocking fee. If you order one online, then you can send it back unopened and reorder. As far as ADC, you would probably do best to call them directly and try to get it straightened out. Also, configured orders complicate things, whereas stock models don't.

KSpider - if you bought a new MacBook 2 days ago and want to upgrade, you can probably take it back to the Apple store and talk to the Manager or Assistant Manager and get the restocking fee waived if you are exchanging it for the Pro model. They will want to upsell to the higher priced model, and if it means losing that sale over the $130 or $160 restocking fee, they will most likely want to get your business. Not everyone is the same, but generally that is what happens. It goes without saying that if you are cool and level headed with them you will get better results than if you mouth off.

5. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

talk online with a rep, adc procedures might be different

6. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like I can't return my Macbook from ADC with another regular Apple Store receipt since the computer sn has to match the computer in the box. Thanks guys!