Question about returning black iP4 then purchasing white later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JATPrototype, Jul 16, 2010.

1. JATPrototype macrumors member

Just wondering, as I hadn't read this anywhere on the forum yet. I know I should have been patient in waiting for the white iPhone but o well. My question is does anyone know if I would be able to return by black iPhone within the 30 day return period and then later purchase the white iPhone when it's released? Would there be any issues from AT&T especially regarding upgrade eligibilty? Also i sold my 3gs so alk i have is a spare dumbphone so if I did return do you think they'd let me keep my unlimited data plan?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

You really haven't read this yet? Really???

3. christyn macrumors 6502a

Several threads discussing this.

But yes, you can return your black iPhone within the 30 days and rebuy the white when it's released. It usually takes a couple days for AT&T to reset your upgrade eligibility.

You can use a SIM card assuming you get a non micro sd one in a dumb phone, but you will risk losing the unlimited data. Had it happen to a friend a few weeks before release. There's a lot of debate over it, but a few have lost their unlimited regardless. I personally would not risk it. I'd either go phoneless for a week, or keep the black phone.

4. JATPrototype thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response, really did try to search beforehand but I do apologize for asking a question to something discussed before

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

6. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Haha.. yep.. You'll be placed somewhere in Hell next to Mel Gibson and Brett Favre