Question about returns after 14 days - bad screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by orlandocano, Apr 5, 2012.

1. orlandocano macrumors regular

So I have a question to all those who have returned their new iPad due to screen tint issues. I was of the belief that the screen tint may go away after a few days but it never did. I try not to pay attention to it but 3 different people have used my iPad and asked me why half of my screen looks pink.

My 14 days are up.

My question is: if the screen tint issue on iPad is blatantly obvious -- will that qualify for a free warranty exchange at the apple store... or are people just exchanging their iPads to easily because they all did it within the first 14 days?

I may end up keeping it as it does not bother me all that much... but ibooks is the most used app on my iPad and that is where i can most notice the screen tint issues...

thanks for all the replies.. like i said, i may end up keeping it.. but its nice to know that i can get it replaced for free within my warranty if i get too sick of looking at a half pink screen...

2. Kolmogorov macrumors member

3. Yggbert macrumors regular

It's barely past your return window, I'm sure they will be sympathetic if someone in the store can see what you're seeing.

4. trek360 macrumors 6502

It's easier obviously to return/exchange it within the 14 day period, but you can still take yours in via the genius bar and show them the screen issues. See what they say about an exchange. Be polite but firm if you are looking for a replacement.

5. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

the 14 day return window is just the "buyer's remorse" or "no questions asked" return window. You have 1 year from the date of purchase where Apple will replace your iPad for legitimate manufacturer defects.

6. orlandocano thread starter macrumors regular

7. Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

As above, they will still change it in my experience. They want you to be happy.

I also noticed the pink tint on my new 16gb ipad when compared to my brothers 64gb 4g new ipad. Ill be taking it back for exchange just before 14 days are up. Prob get 16gb + 4g.

Do those of you who exchange just take it in and ask anyone? Or do you book a genuis appointment? Im prob just going to go in and ask anyone.