Question About Running with the Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jbmacfan, Apr 26, 2015.

1. jbmacfan macrumors member

I did my first run with the Apple Watch by doing a 5K race today. It tracked my stats very well as I crossed the finish line in 25 minutes and the watch tapped to say I ran 3.2 miles.

My only question is after you run with the Apple Watch I know it shows you your results right away, but how do you go back and view your results? I can't find out how to do this. The Activity App only shows your overall stats for day and the Workout App which I used to track my run only lets me set up a new run, but doesn't have a results section.

2. angle macrumors regular

Can't speak from personal experience (yet); but does that data get logged on your iPhone at all?

3. ACE83 macrumors member

Go to the activity app on iPhone and I think it's logged in there under your results for that day

4. jbmacfan thread starter macrumors member

iPhone gets a new Activity App when you pair your Apple Watch to your phone, but it only gives you same stats as the Activity App on the Watch (calories, excercise minutes, and standing)

5. PCboarder macrumors member

I haven't seen anywhere on the apple watch, or on the activity app on the iPhone that shows past workouts. But I do sync data to MyFitnessPal & I can see the run that I did yesterday with my watch.

I think Apple needs to add workout logs somewhere...

6. jbmacfan thread starter macrumors member

Never mind you are right. It is logged in the Activity App on the iPhone. Just didn't see that I could scroll down to the stats/results for the day. Thanks.

7. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Activity app on iPhone.

Look for the workouts section under stand. Click on your workout for more details.

Doh! Too slow.

8. tpouliot macrumors member

I believe you need to log it as a "workout". The activity app is just a summary.

9. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

In the Activity app on my iPhone I have a "Workouts" section that looks like it only appears on days that you have actually done a workout (makes sense). If you scroll down past the Move, Exercise and Stand sections it should appear. Guessing it also only appears if you saved the workout from the Workout app.

Edit: beaten to it