Question about Safari and Adblock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nsknike, Nov 5, 2013.

1. nsknike macrumors regular

I watch a lot of streams on Twitch.tv, and I subscribe to the players that I really enjoy watching, because they provide me entertainment. Now when you subscribe it used to disable ads for that streamer, but since Twitch started its Turbo service, subscribing to players doesn't get rid of ads anymore and the only way to get rid of ads is via the Turbo service.

Now my question is, why does Adblock for Safari not block the ads on Twitch.tv? I know it works for Google Chrome and Firefox, but I can't figure out a way to block the ads on Safari, can anyone help me with this?

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

not the answer you are looking for, but i quit safari and joined firefox. due to safari always not letting me do what i want.

time to make the switch!

3. cerberusss macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

4. xspicer89x macrumors member

+1 for the safari AdBlock extension...been using this for the past 2 years at least...watching countless movies and tv shows on letmewatchthis / primewire / projectfreetv... all of which used to have at least 2-3 pop-ups per stream. With AdBlock I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a pop-up in safari (now with chrome the story is quite different, havnt found anything quite as satisfactory as AdBlock).

5. nsknike thread starter macrumors regular

I stated that I already have adblock installed and its still not blocking ads. That is what I'm not understanding.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It is a limitation of Safari Adblock can't get around it. See here.