Question about Safari on iPad, HELP!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MK25toLife, Mar 16, 2012.

1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

Ever since iOS 5 I know Apple has integrated tab browsing but is it possible do tab browsing and then "zoom out" so to speak and open up another fresh window?

2. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Do you mean like how the iPhone safari works where you swipe left and right to switch tabs? If so, then no, the iPad safari doesn't do this, just the plus and x buttons.

3. MK25toLife thread starter macrumors regular

No I am referring to pre-iOS 5 when you could open 9 different windows. Now you can only open one window w/multiple tabs. Can I open more than one window? It doesn't look like I can. Anyone know?

4. laurenr macrumors 6502a

With the latest IOS version of Safari, you can open links in new tabs, within the same page. This is actually far more efficient than the older method, where you would select the page you wanted, and it would have to reload. There is no way to open a second page in any browser on the iPad. However, there are others, such as iCab, which are far more feature-laden than Safari.
    Check out some screenshots of iCab features that might appeal to you:
    http://www.icab-mobile.de/screenshots.html