Question about screen resolution on ipad...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FloridaMac, Dec 13, 2010.

1. FloridaMac, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010

FloridaMac macrumors regular

I've heard people say they want to see a better screen resolution on the next ipad. I have an iphone 4 so I understand. But I've only seen an ipad up close one time at that was a while ago. Is the screen that bad on the current ipad?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have an iP4 and I love my iPad
    I don't have any issue with the screen

3. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

IMHO the iPad's screen is one of it's best features, it's miles ahead of all but the best laptop screens. The viewing angles for the screen are fantastic and that's particularly important for a tablet as it makes using the thing much more book-like. In comparison laptop screens only have to work in a relatively limited range of positions.

I think that it's not that the iPad's screen is bad, it's that the iPhone 4 screen is even better.

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

This.

Plus you have to keep in mind that in general the iPad's screen is used at a greater distance than the iPhone's screen so it doesn't need to be as sharp.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

As has been said the screen itself is a great screen.

The only problem is that sometimes the size of the typeface on the screen is so small, and they try and get so much text on the screen, that there are really hardly enough pixels to render the typeface very well.

Certainly not enough spare pixels to do all the nice font smoothing you are using to having on a normal monitor.

So, as I say, it's not that it's bad. It's a very nice screen. It just really needs to have a higher resolution to be able to clearly display the type of things that some apps are displaying.

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Yeah, as mentioned, it's not so much that the iPads screen is bad (it isn't, by all previous standards), it's that the iphone 4's screen is so much better, and shows us what an LCD screen is capable of. Primarily, when formatted at native size, most text comes off slightly blurry and grayish, rather than the crisp, black typeface that looks virtually printed on the screen of the IP4.