Question about scyncing two iPads with iCloud

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tumbleweed666, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I have two iPads. One is a year old with lots of Safari bookmarks, one new with just the default ones..

If i set iCloud to on, on both, and to sync Safari, how does it determine which direction to sync? Does one overwrite the other or do they both "intermingle"

I'm obviously worried the new may overwrite and lose the old bookmarks.

TIA

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It's been a while since I set up Safari bookmark syncing over iCloud so the details are hazy, but the bookmarks from your two iPads should merge without one overwriting the other. To make doubly sure there are no overwrites, I'd move all the bookmarks on the newer iPad into a folder called "new iPad" or something, then turn on bookmark syncing.

3. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

I have an iPad 2 and then got an iPad 4. The iPad 4, as a result of iCloud syncing, has all the bookmarks that I had set up on the iPad 2.

4. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the reply Night Spring.
    In the end I just backed up my old iPad as I figured I could then easily restore if need be, and didnt care what happened to the new iPad existing bookmarks.

What its done, is merge the bookmarks on both, which was fine and what I'd expected to happen.

Hope this helps someone in the same situation.