Question about selling jailbroken 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eric8199, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not, but I'll give it a shot. I am not trying to sell my phone on Macrumors, I already have a buyer lined up.

So I want to sell my 3GS which I just jailbroke with jailbreakme.com and unlocked. Obviously I can get more money for it that way.

However, how so I sell it jailbroken and unlocked without my account info on it? When I activated the phone, which I had to do to jailbreak it, it put my iTunes account info on it. How do I set it up where it doesn't do that? I don't want any of my info on the phone when I sell it.

Thanks in advance.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

huh you need a att sim to activate it. but once it unlocked the user can use att or tmobile. searching can provide allot more info.;)

3. Eric8199 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, you're not understanding what I am asking. My account info is on the device, ie my iTunes account info. If I restore it, I get rid of the jailbreak, right? So how do I get rid of my account info so I can sell my phone without getting rid of the jailbreak?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can log out of your itunes account.
    Settings/store/sign out.
    If you have shsh's for 4.0 or 4.0.1 you can restore to that and then JB and unlock.
    Or you can manually try to delete all your stuff from it and then sell it.

5. Eric8199 thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, forgot I could log out. Dumb moment. haha

What I did was restored phone to factory settings. Then I put my iPhone 4 sim in to activate my 3GS. I jailbroke, and unlocked. Did not install anything else on my phone. If I log out of my iTunes account, then I am set?

Thank you very much. New to jailbreaking. Don't need to do it, but have a better offer for a jailbroken/unlocked phone when I sell it.

Thanks

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Whatever you do, don't use the Settings>Reset>Reset all option. Did that with my 3GS before I sold it and I had to DFU restore it.

You have your blobs saved right? So in theory you could reset to factory, downgrade to 4.0.1 and then re-jailbreak?

That would make sure that no one has your info.