Question about selling Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by reminis, Nov 20, 2010.

1. reminis macrumors member

Hello all, I have a Macbook Unibody that I am trying to sell. I just purchased Snow Leopard for it last week.

I am going to take this harddrive out and put the original 250gb in. Will I be able to just install Snow Leopard in my next Macbook Pro I purchase or no?

Also can I just Install this harddrive(has Snowleopard) into a MBP that has SnowLeopard also and just use it from the start?

Basically I just want to make sure I dont need format this hard drive since I have alot of important things.

Thanks any help would be appreciated

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No need, as any Mac sold new since September/October 2009 comes with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, and the Retail version of Mac OS X 10.6 you just bought probably has only 10.6.3 on it, thus it is older than the Mac OS X version on any current Mac and will be of no use for new Macs.

Yes, you can, if you updated the Mac OS X version in the old MBP to the latest version and run Software Update on the new MBP after you first booted from that transferred HDD.

3. reminis thread starter macrumors member

Perfect, wanted make sure I could just pop this harddrive into new MBP and it won't give me any issues.