question about selling my 3G iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JoEw, Jun 10, 2010.

1. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Couldnt find appropriate forum about selling questions so i thought i would post here, mod feel free to move this if you find a better section it can go in.
    I have a 3G 16GB black, and I have used it for a sold 2 years and it has more then its fair share of scratches on the plastic of the phone and the silent button actually has broken.

The screen actually doesnt have any major scratches on the glass screen there are 2 smaller barley noticeable scratches only can be seen at an angle in the sun. So this thing is pretty beat up on its outside.

So i just wanna know if its even worth trying to sell this thing on ebay or craigslist? Ive heard someone might want it for the parts? If i can whats a good offering price, $25-$50 range maybe? Thanks

I'm not trying to sell anything i just want some advice from people that have done this before and i don't wanna post this phone up if im just gonna get charged by ebay and get no hits.

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Start at $150 or more. iPhone's with cracked screens go for up to (i think) $200.

3. JoEw thread starter macrumors 65816

JoEw

even with a broken silencer button? Seems like that would take it down a lot.

Also if it adds any value its jail broken with blackra1in running 3.1.2.

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Say 'Or best offer' and take the first offer you get. I can almost guarantee it will be over $50. Remember the retail price was $600, not $200 as you likely paid for it :)

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

As long as it is functioning you can probably get about $150. People can easily take these phones, buy parts and fix them. There are shops that do just this, you've probably seen the ads. The best way to do is "Asking $200 or best offer". Always aim high!

6. JoEw thread starter macrumors 65816

JoEw

300 hundred actually ;)

so should i start bidding at $100 and then put buy now 125? or is that to high?

and should i restore it and get rid of the jailbreak?

should i even use craigslist or ebay?

7. boston44 macrumors 6502

I'm willing to bet it would sell for $125 within 6 minutes. That being said, put up an eBay auction of $199 Or best offer, and take the first offer over $150. Or, go to craigslist and try to sell it for $150-$200.