iPad Question about selling my iPad on ebay

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RealSkyDiver, Oct 17, 2013.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

I'm gonna sell my 3rd gen Ipad on ebay and expect it to go for $300-400, but what should I display under shipping? I'm gona send it with a medium-box flatrate priority mail since that seems to be cheaper than standard mail for some reason. Now including the insurance it comes to around $18, but I don't think I should post that under shipping cost.
    I also can't find the section where I can enter a minimum price at which I want it to be sold, or where to limit the sale to the U.S. mainland only?

2. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'd do free shipping, gets more people willing to bid...

The "minimum" price you're referring to is called the reserve. You need to enable it as a reserve auction, but good luck with that as some tend to stay away from reserve auctions.

I've had the best luck doing buy it now or "fixed" auctions. You name the price based on the market (ie. ebay) value of the iPad, build in the shipping cost as a "feature" and list it as free shipping with insurance. Then, you can add in the option to have "or best offer" and you may get someone to agree right away on what you're willing to part with...

3. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but can't buyers change their minds and not buy it with best offer?

4. balzmcfearson macrumors regular

balzmcfearson

That happens all the time with auction style as well. The winner can change his mind and decide not to pay and your only option is to open an unpaid item case extending the "sale process" for weeks at times. If your looking to sell the item quickly, ie before Tuesday, eBay may not be your best option. Regardless minimum price, shipping costs and US only sales options are all available when you post the item.

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

First off, go ahead and list that baby today on a 3 day auction. Studies have shown that auctions that end in the evening on Sunday tend to do better. Also, the market for 3rd generation units is tanking fast (it was already handicapped by the mid-cycle refresh with the 4).

USPS Priority Flat Rate is indeed the most economical option for your shipping needs. Whether or not you include it for the buyer to pay is up to you. I have had mixed results (that is to say, no clear conclusion about whether or not including it helps my sale). I've had the same experience setting reserves.

Typically, unless you explicitly add international shipping, it should be good to go on U.S. only.

6. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Just add your shipping costs into your item price then offer free shipping, That's what I usually do.