Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
So Im going to be listing my Powermac G4 on eBay tonight, and just wanted to ask before I do because Im not very good at writing nice descriptions, how does this sound for a description?

todd2000 said:
Up for auction is this 1.25Ghz Powermac G4 Mirrored Drive Door Computer, with LCD Display, Printer, and Scanner. I have had this computer for approxmitly two years and have never had a problem with it. I'm selling it because I recieved a new computer as a gift and no longer need this wonderful system. Comes pre-installed with OS X Tiger (Disc Included), which is one of the most stable Desktop OSs avaialble. Includes iLife so it is perfect for managing your photos, movies, and making music. Here are the specs of this system:

1.25Ghz Power PC G4 Processor
512MB PC 2700 Ram (Upgradable to 2GB)
320GB of HD Space
32X CD-RW/DVD-Rom (Combo Drive)
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro Video Card with 64MB or Video Ram with Dual outputs, 1 DVI, and 1 ADC (Includes DVI-VGA Adapter)
4 Port USB 2.0 Card (Upgrade)
2 USB Ports
2 Firewire 400 Ports
10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet Card

Comes with iLife which includes
iPhoto, which is great for managing, and editing all of your digital photos
iMovie, great program for making your own movies
iDVD, for burning all of your movies, and photos to DVD (DVD Burner Required Not Included)
Garage Band, for making your own music masterpiece
iTunes, for downloading, and organizing all of your MP3s, and many other audio file formats.

Includes Logitech USB Microphone for audio chatting with iChat, Yahoo Messenger etc...

Also includes all of the original software, the original Restore DVDs, and has been upgraded to OS X 10.4 Tiger (Tiger install disc included)

You can read about all of the many great features of the worlds most advanced operating system OS X Tiger from Apple's web site <a href="http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/">Here</A>

Monitor Stats:
15" Sony SDM X53
500:1 Contrast Ratio
300 Cdm Brightness
This is a very nice display the images are very crisp and the color is very realistic.

Printer:
HP Photosmart 7660
Stats from HP:
Print speed, standard: Black text: up to 12 ppm draft mode, up to 2 ppm normal mode, up to 0.6 ppm best mode; Color: up to 11 ppm draft mode, up to 2 ppm normal mode, up to 0.7 ppm best mode; 4 x 6 inch color photo print: approximately 36 seconds in draft mode, 85 seconds in normal mode, 116 seconds in best mode

Print speed, with optional black print cartridge: Black text: up to 19 ppm draft mode, up to 6.8 ppm normal mode, up to 0.9 ppm best mode; Color: up to 15 ppm draft mode, up to 4.6 ppm normal mode, up to 0.9 ppm best mode; 4 x 6 inch color photo print: approximately 36 seconds in draft mode, 72 seconds in normal mode, 97 seconds in best mode

Print resolution: Color: up to 4800 dpi; Black: 1200 dpi

Memory card compatibility: CompactFlash (Type I and II) and Microdrive, SmartMedia, Secure Digital, Multi Media Cards, Memory Sticks (Memory Duo, Memory Stick Pro, Magic Gate), and xD-Picture Card

Media types: Paper (plain, photo, glossy, inkjet, banner), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, iron-on transfers)

Media sizes: Letter, legal, executive, envelopes, 4 x 6 inch photo paper with tabs
This is a great printer, prints laser sharp text and very nice photos up to 8X10

Scanner:
Cannon CanoScan LiDE 20
Stylish design
600 x 1200 dpi, 48-bit internal colour
Three EZ buttons
Single cable plug 'n' play connection via USB
Advanced Z-lid to allow easy scanning from large sources

So what do yuot hink anything I should add/take away from this description?

Also What do you think I should set the Reserve to? Im thinking based on what others have sold for on eBay with similar stats that the whole setup might sell for something around $800, but I don't want to set the reserve too high, but I also don't want to end up selling it for like $200, So what do you think?

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
WOW!! Sold overnight for Buy It Now $800, which really makes me wish I would have put a higher Buy It Now price :) Oh well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.