Question About Selling your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryank05, May 16, 2008.

1. ryank05 macrumors newbie

Long time lurker first time poster, So I really want to sell my iphone in anticipation of the new one coming out but I had a couple of questions that I thought you all could help me out

1. In order to sell it is all I have to do take the sim card out, and possibibly unlock it (and where would I go to get the software to unlock it?)

2. What hapens with the current iPhone plan on my att account? Would I just keep paying or what?

3. When the new one comes out is the plan going to be more expensive b/c of the 3g? And would the new plan just cancel out my old one and add on more years to my contract?

4. Is there any solid speculation just how much the new iPhone will cost and how long until after the wwdc will it be in stores?

2. f(A)t'kId macrumors member

Just sold my scratched and slightly dented 16GB iPhone for $475.00. People will pay good money because they aren't as readily available. Yes you take your sim card and do a factory restore in iTunes. I unlocked and jailbroke the phone for the guy that bought mine using ZIPHONE. Works like a champ. I hope that the 3G isn't more expensive.

3. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

1. Remove your sim card. Head over the Hacking forums and bone up on the pwnage tool.

2. Just change your plan for a month to a simple voice plan or whatever.

3. Your gues is as good as mine, no one knows.

4. Like 3, no one knows. It will come, when is still undetermined.