Question about setting up a reminder/event in calendar

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by ZepFloyd, Sep 18, 2016.

1. ZepFloyd macrumors member

so...in advance of me getting my iphone 7...i was wondering if there was a way to setup a reminder/event in the calendar app on a rotating schedule.

what i mean by that is...essentially i have an event/reminder say on a monday...the following week i need that same reminder but on that tuesday...then the following week on that wednesday...following week thursday...etc.

this way i don't have to type it in individually for every week, which would save some time haha

is that possible? i haven't had an iphone since the 4...but my current smartphone calendar app doesn't seem to be able too.

if all else fails i guess i could always download a 3rd party calendar app that might be able to do this. was hoping maybe just the default would though.

thanks for any feedback

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I don't think you can do that with the iOS calendar app. What you're describing would actually be difficult, even in Outlook.

3. ZepFloyd thread starter macrumors member

i don't have an iphone to look at...but is there an option to repeat an event/reminder every 8 days? that would achieve my desired outcome right? is that an option in the iOS calendar?

4. C DM, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

C DM macrumors Westmere

You should be able to do it by scheduling it using Siri which allows for various custom repeat schedules. You should also be able to set up a custom repeat right from the Reminders or Calendar app.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

In iOS 9 you can set either an event in Calendar or a reminder in Reminders to repeat every 8 days. I don't know about iOS 10 but I'd be surprised if that's changed.

6. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

You can still do that. Op you can do what you want to accomplish with the default calendar app.

7. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I stand corrected! Learn something new every day!

8. ZepFloyd thread starter macrumors member