Question about SG sport color vs SS SG?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AtheistP3ace, May 6, 2015.

1. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

Are they different colors? Could you use a SG link bracelet with a sport model?

2. mrboba1 macrumors regular

They are different - in fact they have different names.
    Sport is Space Gray
    SS is Space black

I'm getting a Milanese to go with my sport eventually, even though they don't quite match, so you would see the same.

(None of the other sport bands match the case anyways)

3. AtheistP3ace thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

Oh ok. Didn't realize the names were different. Thanks for reply!

I thought I saw something about apple saying not to use SS bands on sport watch. Anyone have any info on that at all? Or am I imagining seeing that somewhere?

4. mrboba1 macrumors regular

I feel like we are the only 2 on right now LOL

When I tried on the watches, I asked the guy about that and how they would look, and he said nothing of the sort. He said it would look a little different, but only would be noticeable where they connect, and people really won't see that much.

5. AtheistP3ace thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

OK, cool. Thanks again! Yea I really love the link the bracelet look. Would love to get one. Went with sport because I never had a watch before so didn't want to spend too much money on something I wasn't sure I would like wearing. So far I am loving it and now want more bands and all! lol

6. flur macrumors 68000

The SG sport comes with the black band, and the SB link band is also black, so, theoretically they could look nice together. This is one of those things where you might want to compare in person at a store.

7. AtheistP3ace thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

Yea good call. I should definitely go hold my SG next to SB bracelet and make sure I am ok with it before spending that money. Would really love a nice band for more formal things but link bracelet only one that really stands out to me. The others are very nice but not my style.