Question about shipments from apple's online store and UPS tracker

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ohlund, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ohlund macrumors newbie

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find a better one.

I purchased an iMac a week or so ago.

As of the 9th of Dec. and up until YESTERDAY, my UPS tracker's was showing that:

1.) It was in Louisville, Kentucky with the status :In Transit,

my UPS page had also set a delivery date of tomorrow and a status of On Time.

Previous to the above, the package was in

2.) Location: ANCHORAGE, AK, US 09/12/2007 10:08 ARRIVAL SCAN

However TODAY my UPS tracker no longer has a set delivery date, no longer says it's on time, and no longer says it's in Kentucky and In Transit. It seems to have gone back in time to when it arrived in Alaska.

(The package's route should be China -> Alaska -> Kentucky -> Vancouver)

The UPS tracker page hasn't changed all day either.

Anyone else experience this before?

2. LaJaca macrumors regular

LaJaca

Call UPS with the tracking number Apple gave you.

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

4. hsadear macrumors member

hsadear

5. ohlund thread starter macrumors newbie

I couldn't get through to a general support number, but I filled out an online form on the UPS website regarding my problem, so ill wait for an email back.

But yeah, I live in Canada, and used the Online Canadian Apple Store, so perhaps the mail carriers are different for the US and rest of the world.

Though it's still a pretty weird situation, especially considering that the delivery date was to be tomorrow.

What's more weird is that UPS lists my mac as expedited, but I opted for standard shipping. I'm not in a hurry to call them up over that though :eek:

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I can guarantee you your gear won't be coming tomorrow. I've seen this before. Your best bet would be to call tomorrow, or else there's no telling when it'll arrive. Don't wait for an email, because emails don't matter. I'll say it one more time: I would call, ASAP, and speak to a person to find out the status of my package, if you want any chance of receiving it in the next few days.

7. ohlund thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'll call them first thing tomorrow. What ended up being the reason for this problem in your experience?

8. ricardo1064 macrumors member

make sure to keep careful track of who you speak to... and their extension numbers... this will only prove to be beneficial to you