Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I'm gonna get Priority Mail® Medium Flat Rate Box with insurance and signature confirmation (this includes tracking right?), but I also heard that the post office might not have the box in stock. In that case, can I use the label on a box I bought on my own? It still seems cheaper that way than standard shipping.
And if they have the medium box will it fit the original iPad 3 package or will it be loose where I would need additional padding?

icydog

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2008
NJ
I'm gonna get Priority Mail® Medium Flat Rate Box with insurance and signature confirmation (this includes tracking right?), but I also heard that the post office might not have the box in stock. In that case, can I use the label on a box I bought on my own? It still seems cheaper that way than standard shipping.
And if they have the medium box will it fit the original iPad 3 package or will it be loose where I would need additional padding?

I think the medium box with a lot of peanuts is your answer for an iPad with the original Apple Box. Otherwise, without the Apple box, wrap it well with bubble wrap, put it Into a box filled with styrofoam peanuts and mail. You can print the label online. If your PO doesn't have the priority mail box you need you can order them online at http://www.usps.com

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Which shipping method should I use though? Since I auctioned it with priority mail it has to be one of those optioned, but they all seem to come with their own boxes? I'm just confused :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.