Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nxfxcom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Hello,

i won last week on ebay a dual 2.93 GHZ Mac Pro "New in Box", i am very suspicious about ebay(had a bad experience once), so today i got the Tracking, and the weight for the Tracking on FedEx says 36.6 lbs/16.6 kg

But when i check on Apples website it says:
8-core: 41.2 pounds (18.7 kg)

Should i be worried that it might be a counterfeit mac pro? Or could it really vary that much?

Thank you

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
A lot of things could cause a variance in weight. Is the ebayer shipping it in the original box or did they repackage it? Is the keyboard and mouse included? Different internals (number of HDs, optical players, and ram) can all add up as well.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
A lot of things could cause a variance in weight. Is the ebayer shipping it in the original box or did they repackage it? Is the keyboard and mouse included? Different internals (number of HDs, optical players, and ram) can all add up as well.

+1
wait till you get the mac pro and then check if there are any fake parts or something like that...good luck..

nxfxcom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks guys,

the seller said original box, and if it would be heavier i would not be worried,
but its lighter, and the seller says mouse and everything is included, the only reason the box is open is becuase of extra HDs he added, very strange, will see , its scheduled to get here wednesday

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.