Question about shsh

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hustler, May 28, 2011.

1. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

I have a question about shsh. I have a 3GS on 4.2.1, I tried to save my shsh before I jb but tiny umbrella said I was too late to save 4.2.1.
    So I went ahead and jb'd with greenpois0n (my first jb btw) and all went well. I read on some posts to select 'make my life easier' button when Cydia is brought up to save the shsh. Well before I could click that button another window popped up, can't remember what it said but when I closed it the 'make my life easier' screen had passed.
    I don't know if I can re-access that screen and I just can't find it or if I have to delete Cydia and re install. If that's the case, what's the best way going about that?

Thanks guys for any advice.
    Brad

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You dont need to do anything but download and run tinyumbrella.
    Plug your phone in and click save shsh.
    Once it does that initially your serial gets transfered into the database and cydia will always request them automaticly for you.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It's still a good idea to save them to your computer whenever a new ios comes out. I'm a big believer in backups and redundancy.

4. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

Thanks guys.
    Ok I did it and it says under the general tab that I have a saved shsh for iPhone 3GS 4.1 and another on iPhone 3GS 4.3. I have neither, I'm on 4.2.1, does that matter?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, it doesn't matter what firmware version you have installed.

6. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler