Question about Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soLoredd, Jan 13, 2009.

1. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I have a question about sleep. I understand the different modes and that default is mode 3. Currently, I have my MBP set to wake on keyboard/mouse which is over bluetooth. Is this causing my MBP to use even more power than in the general mode 3 sleep? I haven't seen anybody mention this, the documentation just says while it is in sleep that the RAM is getting power and nothing else.

I ask because I have seen my MBP go from 100% charge and in 12 hours while in sleep be around 75-80%, which is way too low.

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

When the MBP sleeps it consumes power. 20% in 12 hours is still quiite OK ! (around 1.6% loss / hour). Mine loses more that 2% / hour while sleeping !!

Tex

3. ValkyrieLenneth macrumors regular

ValkyrieLenneth

I think that both of your macbooks consume way a little too much battery while sleeping.

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Well we are not the only ones.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Sleep on a Macbook is actually like Hibernation in Windows, its not really sleep. The Macbook stores a temporary file on the hard drive, like a bookmark of where you were and what you were doing etc and shuts down everything else. Thats why if your Hard Drives full you sometimes cant force your Macbook into a full sleep.

6. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Yes we know that. The "problem" is that this sleeps eats a lot of energy.