Question about Slo-Mo

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by nlkccom, Oct 15, 2013.

1. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum for this question, but here goes...

I've seen numerous slo-mo clips on sites like youtube, and noticed people have multiple sections of slo-mo on a single clip.

In Camera Roll, I only see 1 portion of the clip where I can shrink or expand the length of the slo-mo on a clip. I can't figure out how to make my video clip to have multiple portion to have the slo-mo. How do they do that? :confused:

Hope I'm making sense... :D

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Probably with iMovie.

(Or with a Mac or PC, but getting iMovie on the phone would certainly be easier.)

3. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

From what I understand, iMovie for iOS doesn't support toggling slow-mo yet. Probably have to stick with a desktop editor.

4. skylarbrenden macrumors member

Yeah, you're right. You can't use iMovie to edit slow motion clips, they'll just be regular speed. I've been using Airdrop. When I use AirDrop, and AirDrop it to my other phone, it's in slow motion, and the quality isn't affected. Then, I AirDrop it back to myself, and edit it with iMovie.

5. nlkccom thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would it work if I airdrop it to my iPad and back over to my iPhone?

6. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

They are using an app from the App Store. I forget what it's called...

7. skylarbrenden macrumors member

Yeah, that's what I was doing. It works perfectly! I do it because I refuse to send it over iMessage or email because it brings the video quality down drastically! AirDrop doesn't bring the quality down at all! :D Hope this helped you! It took me forever to figure it out, but it works great!!

8. nlkccom thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just tried it and it worked, however, it also made the slo mo part of the clip fixed so it's no longer adjustable on the 'new' clip.

9. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

You can use slopro app for that

https://itunes.apple.com/hr/app/slopro-1000fps-slow-motion/id507232505?mt=8

10. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I use TruSloMo and it's awesome....allows for import into iMovie and even lets you upload same movie to facebook/instagram, etc.

11. TriHFH macrumors member

This. I'm the author of TruSloMo. I just submitted a new version last night that allows users to pick where the start/stop slo-mo points are, AND add additional slo-mo sections within a single video! So watch out for an update in ~1 week :)

12. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

I read that if you import into iMovie (mac version) that it initially plays at normal speed but you then go to a setting and change it to slow speed and it then works. If im not mistaken then video does import to iMove at 120fps.

13. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

Just tried your app and it works great and is super easy to use, great job! :D

So does it take the 120fps and convert it to standard fps (60fps?)?

14. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Yeah, Mac version should work but I think people are trying to do it on the iOS version, which doesn't work. (for now)

15. TriHFH macrumors member

Yep, converts it to a framerate that any video app can understand :)

Thanks for the kind words about TruSloMo!