Question About Sorting Music In iPod App

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OmegaRed1723, Jun 22, 2010.

1. OmegaRed1723 macrumors 6502

OmegaRed1723

Quick question about the iPod app on the iPad. I've always used a traditional iPod for my music storage (160GB Classic at the moment). When browsing for music, I am used to the hierarchical structure of Genre<Artist<Album<Track.

The iPad app is less user-friendly in this regard. For example, when I select the genre 'Indie', a popup window appears with a header stating the number of albums and songs (41 Albums, 504 Songs) followed by the listing of every song, with no artist or album information. If I want to select an individual album, I have to navigate back to either the 'Artist' tab or the 'Albums' tab.

Is there any way to enable traditional iPod sorting in this app? If I'm in the mood for jazz, I want to see a list of jazz musicians....not be looking for Oscar Peterson and see Operation Ivy. I know it's picking at nits, but my user experience would be greatly enhanced by this seemingly basic functionality.

2. coderage macrumors newbie

Any answers out there?

I've found a lot of people asking this question and nobody seems to have a solution...any thoughts?

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The only solution I can think of is to make a smart playlist that groups a particular genre.