Question about speaker quality

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Pando, May 26, 2011.

1. Pando macrumors newbie

I recently had the display assembly replaced on my 13 inch unibody macbook (Late 2008, before the 13 became a Macbook Pro) after it developed flickering/horizontal bands. My first question is whether the speakers would have been replaced as part of the display assembly? The reason I ask is because since I got it back, the speakers sound way tinnier and more 'distant', if you will, than beforehand. The sound quality just sounds way worse whereas before I thought it was quite good. Have they started using crappier speakers since then? Has anyone experienced/heard about this or am I imagining things?

Edit: I bought it in Canada and it was repaired in the UK if that makes a difference

Thanks for any responses or suggestions.

2. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

It is posible that when they put it back together they covered the speakers.. are you close to an Apple store? if you are just take it back in..

3. Pando thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm about an hour away from the closest one. I'll probably end up taking it back in when I get a chance, just thought I get some input from here in the meantime. :)