Question about Speck Pixelskin HD

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by miragebg, May 16, 2015.

1. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Hello guys,
    I bought two Speck Pixelskin HD cases for my iP5S. Both are graphite gray color. What surprised me, is the fact they came with different initial numbers. The first one is SPK-1582, the second -SPK-0668...
    They look a bit different too, comparing next to each other. SPK-0668 looks more soft rubber, while SPK-1582 is a bit harder. Also SPK-0668 has two holes on one of the sides, which I've never seen before on Speck cases:

[​IMG]

The buttons on SPK-0668 are not as tactile as on SPK-1582, they are hard to press.

The packing of both is different also:

SPK-1582:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPK-0668:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you think they both are authentic Speck products?

2. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Is there a grill type cutout over the speakers?

Normally the fakes won't have that type of cutout.

4. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Does it have the Speck authentication seal on it? The packing looks fake, honestly.

[​IMG]

ETA: At work we sell about 80% speck products and all of the boxes have that seal on it.

6. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have never seen this sale on Pixelskin HD packing. I have a Candyshel grip and it has it. Actually I think this is quite new as Speck's policy and most of the older packing don't have it.

7. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I even sent the S/N's to Speck Support, but didn't get any response till now..

8. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

As far as I understood, there are two revisions of Pixelskin HD- older and newer

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have one or two Spec cases still in the wrapper. I noticed at some stores you can find them in the clearance section and some on the shelves. I've asked the clerks why and the answer is simple. Older model has been replaced by newer ones. I'm happy because I got them for only $1. Some stores will carry the old and new side by side on the shelves.