Question about Sprint's iPhone forever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rzc16512, Nov 21, 2015.

1. rzc16512 macrumors regular

I saw that Sprint is now halving the price of my current carrier, ATT. I see that sprint's iPhone forever deal allows someone to trade in their 16GB iPhone 6 for a iPhone 6S 16gb and pay $1/month. Does anyone know if this applies if you trade in an unlocked iPhone 6 or does it have to be a sprint iPhone 6?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's any phone. Carrier does not matter.

Keep in mind that once you make your very first upgrade your lease price will increase to the normal amount.

In other words, the $1/mth lease is a promotion that is only good for as long as you keep the phone you get with it.

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Yes any carriers iPhone is fine. Eyoungren is correct, after your first upgrade, your monthly phone payment will go from 1 dollar to 22 per month which still isn't bad compared to AT&T next payments.

4. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

You're probably aware to do this, but be sure you investigate Sprint's coverage and internet speed, especially in your area. I hear it has gotten better, but only way to know is to check.

5. HEK, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Fate worse than death in my area. Same phone for ever on sprint PCDC* system. Shudders.........

Hoping for speedy improvement as more and better service spreads and helps everyone.

*PCDC Poor Cellular and Data Connection

6. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

This is true. Traditionally Sprints service has been garbage. Lately however, they are really picking up their game. I regularly pull down 40mb on LTE where I live which is much faster than Verizon or AT&T here. That being said, there are other spots that are still terrible. Like you said, it all depends on location.