iPhone 8(+) Question about stereo speakers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Motionblurrr, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Is the top earpiece speaker supposed to be more quiet/muffled compared to the bottom speaker? Or are they equal in sound? This is an 8+ btw. Not sure if it's the same across the board.

2. AppleHaterLover macrumors 65816

It’s a little quieter, yes.

Something that’s happened quite consistently with my 2 previous 7+ses and my month old XR is that following contact with liquid, chances are the speaker will be clogged for a looong time.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Yes, it is designed at the top speaker does not produce as much bass as the bottom speaker does, but in terms of acoustic loudness, I don’t know the exact specifications, but the bottom grill speaker is clearly more audible over the top speaker.

4. Motionblurrr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys. I feel like the top speaker is kind of tinny sounding.. is that correct? I'm not sure if it's defective now since I got my battery replaced but I feel as if it were louder before. :oops:

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The top speaker just won’t be as audible as the bottom speaker is, I believe it’s considerably smaller, which will greatly impact how it sounds as well.

6. Motionblurrr thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah ok thanks. That kind of makes sense because the top speaker is about half the sound of the bottom and a lot more ‘tinny’. I guess one side of the phone will be a bit louder and the stereo sound isn’t perfectly balanced.