Question about store pick up.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mumbles01, May 12, 2015.

1. Mumbles01 macrumors regular

I ordered the 4/19 & have a June ship date.
    At first I was optimistic for an earlier ship them that figuring apple would get it together quick.
    Then one day by chance I clicked a forum link to this site after googling "apple watch shipping"
    I was astounded to find out that shipping had only progressed literally minutes past pre order date of the 10th. Now I obsessively click & reload my email, my order confermation & this site hoping for some good news, which I probably won't be getting for some time..

So, with that being said here's my situation.
    My grandma paid for my watch. Or will be paying once the card is actually charged.
    So since there's word that the watches will be in stores in June does anybody know if I'll be able to go into the store in June, show them my order that I'm waiting on use payment info all ready provided & basically just charge & fill the order right then or will I need to start from square 1 when I walk into the store?
    She lives hours away from me so her coming to the store is slim.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Patience is a virtue. There is no way they will show up in the store before you get you watch shipped to you. We are all waiting for the same thing. :)

3. Mumbles01 thread starter macrumors regular

You really think so? I mean with things moving so slowly I'm fully expecting to get mine in store before its shipped.
    That is mainly because I'm expecting mine to ship the very last day of June.
    If they pop up in stores the beginning of June I'm definitely going that route.

4. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

No. The online order cannot be filled at a brick and mortar (steel and glass?) store unless "in-store pick-up" was selected at that time of purchase.

1. In-store pick-up is not yet an option for the :apple:watch.
    2. I frequently use online purchase with in-store pickup and I always have to give them my credit card and show an ID when I pick up.

5. Mumbles01 thread starter macrumors regular

Well that sucks.
    But thanks for the answer.
    Guess I'm stuck in processing purgatory.