Question about stuck pixel policy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheStranger55, Nov 26, 2007.

1. TheStranger55 macrumors member

Ok my Macbook Pro has about 14 stuck green and red pixels. Thing is they weren't there on day one but developed over time. Does Apple's pixel policy cover it only if they were there from day one? Or can I use my warranty to get a free screen replacement if they got there over time?

The pixels are really only noticeable when the screen is dark, like when you watch DVD movies or something. Will that also affect apple's judgement to replace the screen for free?

Thanks in advance.

2. VOGUEx macrumors newbie

it has to be a certain number together or something they're really strict abt this stuff :(

i have a dead pixel...right when i got it ..which suckedd

3. gpeden macrumors regular

That would drive me crazy. From what I remember reading about this, 14 pixels is more than enough to get a warranty replacement from Apple. But they do have strict guidelines about numpres and placement.

Cheers!

Glen

4. Macula macrumors 6502

Macula

If your machine is still covered by warranty then I am sure that Apple will be willing to replace the screen.

5. TheStranger55 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm not so sure about the placement too. The pixels aren't right next to each other but there are 14 of them spread along the screen. I hope Apple replaces it. If Apple does I hope it doesn't take too long as I would like to play some games during the christmas break after these exams. :)

6. blammy macrumors newbie

I am actually dropping my new macbook pro off at the local apple store for this very same thing today. I noticed one dead pixel, so I brought it in for them to take a look. They ran an app that lets them see dead/stuck pixels easily (just a solid red, green, etc. background). They came back and said they saw 4 stuck and 1 dead pixel. He explained that one dead pixel would not be enough to replace the LCD, but because it was verified there were more than this, they were happy to authorize the replacement. I think you're good to go for a replacement of that screen. Be polite and friendly, simply ask them to look at it (make sure you tell them how much it bothers you) and they will take care of you.