Question about student discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by owen29051992, Feb 6, 2009.

1. owen29051992 macrumors newbie

so i was holding back to order the new 17" unibody but will be soon. firstly, i see the shipping dates have moved to 3-4 weeks, if i ordered in the UK in the next few days, am i likely to see it before march?!

but about student discount, i will be using my sister's as she is a med student. however, i was wondering that when i purchase, should i use my sisters APPLE ID and delivery address to me, or use mine and put my sisters name on the delivery address?! confusing but dont know if apple will cancel if i use mine as i am not actually the student. Thanks

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

All Apple requires is a picture ID or an email address XXXXXX@school.edu. Doesn't really matter where they ship it to, as long as the student's ID or email is legit. They might require a faxed copy...

3. NStocks macrumors 65816

When I ordered my MBP, via telesales the representative sent me a blank email from his email address, I them sent one back with the attachment of my friends University acceptance letter... that all they needed.

Apparently because it's now on record, they shouldn't need to see it again ( apart from in-store probably )

EDIT : I used my address for both postal and billing... ( good job because of all the returns I sent back !)
    NStocks