Question about switcheasy capsule rebel

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TehBest, Jun 22, 2009.

1. TehBest macrumors member

Hey all, I'm incredibly interested in buying a switcheasy capsule rebel but I'm wandering, will an invisible shield (screen shield only) fit with the capsule rebel? Ive had problems with the edges of the incase slider making ripples on the edges of the IS. So capsule rebel owners, will this work?

thanks

2. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I've seen a couple if videos with people using this combo. The rebel will fit with an invisible shield but it will throw make it slightly uneven since the case was designed to fit on the phone directly. I obviously don't have any personal experience with the rebel but mine will arrive sometime this week.

3. Shaan macrumors member

I own three Switcheasy Capsule Rebels. If you are doing IS front only it will fit perfectly. If you are doing a back it won't fit as well. But you said screen shield only so it will be a perfect fit.

4. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Yep you should be fine if you just using the screen protector but note also that the capsule rebel comes with screen protectors (2 of them). So you may be able to use those instead of buying other ones.

5. TehBest thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help guys! Ill try out the included screen protectors and if I dont like em, ill either buy some matte protectors or just apply the IS. I just want this case to get here...I'm afraid to let my phone go outside!

6. kapitalist macrumors newbie

I just got my switcheasy capsule rebel tiger in the mail today and put my shiny new iphone 3gs in it today. I compared it to my roommates incase slider. Heres the good and the bad:

Good:
    -Looks really slick
    -solid case
    -looks like it can take a hit and keep going
    -got it for 20 out the door on ebay brand new (price is good)

Bad
    -doesnt have the friction that a silicon-like case might have...Im worried this thing will come out of my hands!
    -I see a bit of chrome on the top and bottom right - not engineered to perfection
    -bottom part of case does flex (the "sagging" that everybody talks about...doesnt happen now but I guess could in future)
    -start button is harder to press because of the case.
    -need to use straight headphone jacks.

Neutral
    -some people say the screen protector is good...even on some guru youtube reviewers videos...are you friggin kidding me, they suck b@lls...no...they g@rgle balls.
    -microfiber is the size of tinkerbell's maxi pad. Its tiny.

So, heres the scoop. I did a LOT of research on cases (below $50) and the two I came up with were the Switcheasy capsule rebel and the incase slider (hard case). I chose the switcheasy because of the good reviews on ilounge and because it looks cool. I admit I dont want my phone to look the same as everybody else's and although there are a few colors out for Incase, its mostly black and white...but the yellow and black of the Capsule Rebel it certainly stands out.

I dont want to spend 40 bux on a damn piece of plastic but I think the incase slider has that much better traction/rubbery/nonslip feel to it, which is important to me. I hear about the scratching but...hmmm maybe they just didnt clean their iphones properly before hand!?

Switcheasy Capsule Rebel
    looks wise> A
    Feel> c+
    price point> A (if you buy on ebay!)
    Durability> B+
    fit on iphone> B-

Incase Slider
    Looks> c+
    Feel>A
    Price point> C+
    Durability> Pass (cannot give grade on it)
    fit on Iphone> A

7. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

I have a white rebel serpent. I did a lot of research before buying it, and ended up coming right back to it.

I don't know why people hate the screen sheilds provided by switcheasy, but I find it to be perfect (unless you want mirrored/antiglare). My finger does not stick the screen with swiping, and for me, that is what matters most, besides protection.

The case itself is sturdy. I have dropped my phone from about 2 feet up onto a solid concrete floor twice and the phone has no damage, no cracks. I think the serpent spine is thicker and stronger than the regular rebel, so that might be a consideration if you don't mind the snake skin design.

I think it fits the phone well, but I prefer a thicker case. The phone by itself feels too small without it.

8. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Great info guys, thanks alot. I am picking up a Capsule Rebel and will let you know what I think. I am getting that one because it is 1/2 silicone, 1/2 hard and it comes with screen protectors. I have also heard the InCase Slider scratches the back and the chrome on iPhones.