Question about switching devices (verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kirkhuffy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

Okay so I have the 16gb iPhone 6 and quite quickly realized that would not be a sufficient amount of space. Luckily, someone else in my family had an upgrade and I told them to order the 64gb and I'll give them my phone plus the difference in money. The phone arrives today so my question is what is the process of activating my number on the 64gb, and theirs on my phone?

I assume long gone are the days of simply going on vzws website and moving a number to a different device and it changes just like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I could call verizon and ask but to be honest I trust the competence of this forum over any rep they have.

2. Eitel macrumors regular

If both phones are from Verizon, just swap the SIM cards.

3. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

This is the correct thing to do ! no need to make it so complicated

5. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

6. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

Well the new phone arrived and unfortunately with verizon it's not as simple as just swapping the sim. The new phone has to first be activated on the number it was ordered for then can be switched (we are on the same account). I popped my activated sim for my number in it and the screen still said it was activating for the other number.

This wouldn't be a problem but I don't see the person who I'm trading with very often. Nice going verizon.