Question about switching phones re: activity data

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Knowlege Bomb, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Knowlege Bomb, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017

Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I have a 6s that I plan on using occasionally (my daily driver is a 7+). Will I be able to retain all of my workout and activity data within my Watch application if I'm swapping the watch between the two devices?

Edit: You all make a good point about leaving the question/post up. I was able to determine that backing up then detaching the watch from one phone through the watch app and restoring from backup once it's paired to the new phone will retain all data as long as the new phone is restored from an encrypted backup of the old one.

Hope that makes sense.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Why would you delete your post? Keep it up, especially since you solved it. It may help someone else. That's the point of the forum.

Your screen name is ironic.

3. Relentless Power, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

@Knowlege Bomb. I believe his post stated something along the lines of pairing one Apple Watch from one iPhone to another, if deleting and restoring the information will go back to the new iPhone. It was actually a good question, so I'm not sure why he deleted his original post, I agree it would have been good to have feedback from others on this.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

5. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Like googling a problem you have and being excited to see someone asked the same question in a forum only to see the last post being "I figured it out guys, thanks"

6. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

That was the point. :)

You both make a good point. I restored the original question with the solution added in.