Question about switching to iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wchong, Dec 2, 2014.

1. wchong macrumors 6502

Please help me with this dilemma:

My wife and I have ATT. She's due for an upgrade but I still have a year into my contract with my Note 3. My wife doesn't really care which phone she has and I was hoping to switch my phone to an iP6+ and give her the note3. The problem with this solution is that we will have to switch phone numbers.

Would this scenario be possible:
    My wife gets an iP6+, takes the iP6+ nanosim and places it in a microsim adapter and uses it on my note 3. Conversely, I will take my microsim from the note 3 and cut it into a nano size and use it on the iP6+.

Any help and other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

2. princealyy macrumors regular

Or just go to to att and tell them what is going on and they will probably give you new sims or transfer your lines around.

Problem solved.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This. The device is not hard-wired to your account. In fact, you could even just buy the phne, swap sims, and be done with it (though ATT will have to change some settings to make sure visual voicemail functions properly).

4. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

You can do a buddy uprade on your wife- meaning you she can upgrade but you get the ip6+. Once you have your iPhone you can go to a local Att store and they can swap SIM cards. And you get to keep your no.