question about syncing and itunes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hatersgonnahate, Sep 8, 2010.

1. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

so i havent connected my iphone to a computer ever since i jailbroke it.
    which means i havent backed up my apps yet, is it a good idea to connect it now to itunes 9 (not 10)?

as long as i dont update im good right?

is there anything else i should do?

plus i have a few songs i want to add to my iphone here at work thats why i want to connect it.

thanks in advance.

2. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

iTunes 9 or 10 is fine. You should have no problems with either.

You can sync to your heart's content. A jailbroken iPhone has full functionality with iTunes. The only exception is syncing of jailbroken apps. Which doesn't happen unless you use a Cydia app specifically for that purpose.

When you connect, iTunes will automaticlly ask you if you want to update. Just say NO and continue along your merry way to syncing. This is the only time you need to be careful - the initial plug in and iTunes asking if you want to update. It will do this every time unless you tell iTunes not to check for updates.

3. hatersgonnahate thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you,.

4. jlam2227 macrumors newbie

sync not syncing

I read the previous posts, and was wondering why my jailbroken, now t-mobile iPhone will NOT sync on itunes. I select what I want to sync, it shows that it is syncing, but non of my music shows up on my iphone unless it is stuff I buy from the itunes app on the phone itself.....:confused:

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When itunes asks if you want to update, you can check a little box so it doesn't ask you again. It removes the chance of accidentally updating and removes temptation.