Question About Syncing Jailbroken *and* Non-Jailbroken iPhone on Same Computer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sezduck, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sezduck macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I recently jailbroke my old 3G for my wife to use on her TMobile account. I am using an iPhone 4. I was wondering if there are potentially any issues with syncing a jailbroken and non-jailbroken iPhone on the same computer.

I recently had to do a restore from backup on my iPhone 4 because I screwed up my contacts. When you do a restore from backup, does it restore firmware as well? If so, does it always restore from the ...iTunes\iPhone Software Update folder? I just want to make sure I didn't accidently restore the jalbreak firmware that I put on my wife's phone (which is in a different directory on my machine) onto my iPhone 4.

Sorry for so many questions & thanks in advance for your help :)

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Should be none, an iPhone is still an iPhone when jailbroken and all things work the same, just extra functionality is enabled. :)

I've sync'd my wife's "normal" iPhone on the same Mac as my jailbroken iPhone to load her up with some music, etc. If you want to restore backups, it will usually let you select and if your iPhone was named different than you wife's, you can select which backup you'd like to restore.

Short story long, you should be ok. :)