Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
I know this might of been answered plenty of time but can I Sync my JB iPhone 3g, will it do a back up of the JB iPhone?? I really don't want to back it up I just wan to add music LOL, an if I do a fully restore on my iPhone will I be able to restore from a previous back up that ian JB??

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
I know this might of been answered plenty of time but can I Sync my JB iPhone 3g, will it do a back up of the JB iPhone?? I really don't want to back it up I just wan to add music LOL, an if I do a fully restore on my iPhone will I be able to restore from a previous back up that ian JB??

No, you don't have to back up every time you sync. If it ever starts to back up when you don't want it to, you can just cancel it by hitting the little X near the progress bar for the back up in the top of itunes. As for the second part of your question, it has always been suggested to me that when you want to restore and not be JB anymore you should not restore from a backup, but you should set up as a new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.