question about tabbed browsing

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by jackc, Mar 24, 2008.

1. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

I normally use Camino, but this isn't browser specific. On a site like http://www.bookforum.com/, if you use a regular click on a link, it will open it in a new tab and bring the focus to that tab. I like to open links in new tabs in the background, but you can't do it there, it will open two tabs and still focus on one of the tabs.

I don't come across this behavior very often, but I have seen it elsewhere too. I don't suppose there is any way to change it? Is that just way the site is coded?

2. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

Hmm, that site behaves normally for me.

Clicking on a link just goes to that (doesn't open in another window or tab) if I want to open it in another tab I just hold down Command and click the link and it opened in a normal tab in the background.

I am using Safari Version 3.0.4 (5523.15).

Hope that helps, maybe try different browsers/try playing with the settings.

edit: I see what you mean about the black underlined links. The aforementioned keyboard shortcut doesn't work (it just opens in a new window), but right clicking on the link and selecting open in new tab works normally.