Question about text messaging plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by latintrpt, Nov 1, 2008.

1. latintrpt macrumors member

What is the difference between the iPhone text messaging plan and the Messaging unlimited plan? I was screwing around with an app called SwirlyMMS and i switched it from the iPhone text messaging plan to the messaging unlimited unlimited plan and the app didn't work properly. under my wireless att account, under features, there were both of those plans.

Thanks

2. latintrpt thread starter macrumors member

3. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Iphone plan has either 150 or 200 messages for like $4.95?
    Unlimited has unlimited messages for like $29.95?
    Both plans included all messageing features (text,graphics etc etc)

There is a lot more to SwirlyMMS then just changing text/messageing plans on the AT&T side.
    Read the SwirlyMMS forums and you will see some people go great lengths just to MMS for a few hours or days or maybe weeks.

4. latintrpt thread starter macrumors member

Well when i signed up with ATT i chose the iphone unlimited text messaging plan but somebody on another forum told me that there is ATT unlimited messaging plan and that is the way to get it to work with SwirlyMMS. So what i did was i went to my account for att wireless ---> features ---> and chose the ATT unlimited messaging plan and it automatically unchecks the iphone unlimited text messaging plan. I just wanted to know what the different between those two are.

5. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

There's no difference. I was able to get 1500 text messages for $8.99 with my FAN account using the feature code: TMS4. :D

6. daisuke07 macrumors regular

unlimited texting is $20

7. ~Phi macrumors regular

FYI: The iPhone unlimited text messaging package doesn't even tell you when you receive a MMS message. I asked AT&T about this and they switched me to the AT&T Unlimited Messaging package which is supposed to still send the viewmymessage.com text. It doesn't. :confused: