Question about the 1 year warranty for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aiko, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Aiko macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a quick question about the 1 year warranty that comes with the macbook pros.

Say my friend buys a macbook pro from apple and decides he doesn't want it anymore. He then sells it to my other friend. My other friend uses it for a few weeks and decides to sell it to me. Is the warranty still intact after going through all these owner transitions?

If I ran into a hardware problem and tried to get support, what would I use to verify that the laptop still has warranty. Would I be denied of the warranty in some way, shape, or form?

If someone could shed some light in this area it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. vtecyo macrumors newbie

from what i heard is that you need to inform Apple that you are the current owner of the MBP (with receipt or proof of purchase whatsoever) , and they will put that MBP under your name. i think they charge you a small fee for doing so.

4. Aiko thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm interesting, can anyone confirm that this is what needs to be done to keep the warranty valid?

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

You could call Apple and ask

6. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

And post back here when you find out. Adding information to the forum for future users to search rather than re-ask is always good.