Question about the 2 USB ports

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Macintox, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Macintox macrumors member

Macintox

Hello

One question about the 2 USB ports of the new MBair.
    Can I plug the USB line of a LED display on one port and a USB hub on the other and enjoy USB peripherals on both the display and the hub ?
    any limit on the number of peripherals ? (Keyboard, scanner, fax, Ethernet, Time machine HD, Printer, DVD burner( powered), USB memory stick ... !

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. Dias macrumors 6502

You also need 126 power adapters for each peripheral device.

4. coonsie macrumors newbie

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Not if you have AC powered hubs and the peripherals take their power from the USB bus.

6. Macintox thread starter macrumors member

Macintox

OK . So we can be sure the 2 USB ports of the new MBair are "created equals " and can support each a hub ? the LED display is a hub insn't it ?

7. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, both should be able to support a hub. Both ports support the MacBook Air Superdrive, which requires more power than a typical USB device.

8. Macintox thread starter macrumors member

Macintox

Ok this is great news so I can sale my actual and beloved revC 2.13/SSD and get a new 256/2.13/4 .
    The added Ram the 2 USB and the high res makes a big difference. Sorry I lost the retro light on the keyboard though..but Apple always find a way to piss off its customers one way another do they ? may they do it for fun and love to read our comment ? they know we are prisoners, so light or not they'll get our $$$