Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abbas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Dubai
I recently bought a second hand iMac with the 3.06GHz CPU, 512MB 8800GS, 500GB Hard Drive and 2GB DDR2-800 RAM.

I was wondering if there is a place to download a manual/spec sheet for it. Also, I want to hook up another monitor to it- is the output connector the same mini-DVI connector found on Mac Mini?

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
I recently bought a second hand iMac with the 3.06GHz CPU, 512MB 8800GS, 500GB Hard Drive and 2GB DDR2-800 RAM.

I was wondering if there is a place to download a manual/spec sheet for it. Also, I want to hook up another monitor to it- is the output connector the same mini-DVI connector found on Mac Mini?

Yes great machine and the port is the same as the mini's mini-DVI.

I have 2 monitors connected.

Cheers,

Abbas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Dubai
Awesome- thanks to both of you! The links posted dont really show my iMac (3.06/8800GS) but I guess thats coz it was customized for it? The base is the same as the link posted correct?

panzer06: What are you using the second monitor for? I have a Dell 24" LCD that was connected to a Mac Mini that I sold to get the iMac. I can connect this to the iMac once I get the cable, but what exactly do you use the second monitor for?

For example, If I am gaming on the iMac, can the second monitor continue to show Mail and Twitter etc.? Is there any place that has good resources on using multi-monitor setups?

@

Yes great machine and the port is the same as the mini's mini-DVI.

I have 2 monitors connected.

Cheers,

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Awesome- thanks to both of you! The links posted dont really show my iMac (3.06/8800GS) but I guess thats coz it was customized for it? The base is the same as the link posted correct?

panzer06: What are you using the second monitor for? I have a Dell 24" LCD that was connected to a Mac Mini that I sold to get the iMac. I can connect this to the iMac once I get the cable, but what exactly do you use the second monitor for?

For example, If I am gaming on the iMac, can the second monitor continue to show Mail and Twitter etc.? Is there any place that has good resources on using multi-monitor setups?

@
That is correct the 8800GS was a BTO option and the link is correct as to the rest of the specs.

I have a Samsung 2493HM and it supports HDCP for HD movies and bluray. As to playing games and working; I play mostly in Windows and while some games support doing as you discussed, the system slows considerably and the game is less responsive. Most of my games want dedicated full screen control of the system.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. In OS X the dual 24" setup is great for all my Word/Excel/Acrobat document assembly work.

Cheers,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.