Question about the Airport Express and Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jellyman, Feb 17, 2012.

1. jellyman macrumors newbie

Question about the Airport Express and Windows

Hi there, I use both mac/pc and I have a set of Harman Harden speaker, I really want to share the speaker between the two computers/systems. I know the” Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver” can achieve this easily but with some delays due to the limitation of Bluetooth which is not nice. I’m hearing that the coming mountain lion system is going to enable the airplay function for the new os system (adding a virtual port for sound output) without need of iTunes (as I barely use iTunes as a player) but has to work with airport express which makes me really want to buy one. But the question is I also use pc/windows a lot. I know there is AirPort Utility for Windows, as I’m using the airport extreme; the option for sound output has been disabled. I’m wondering whether so far the AirPort Utility for Windows allows pc to output sound to the speakers connected to the airport express, without needing iTunes program, like any sound/music from any windows program. :rolleyes:

If you have a airport and you are using windows please give me some advices
    Thanks a lot;)

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I doubt that Apple will release a Windows driver set to accomplish that outside of iTunes. It's certainly not currently available. It'll be a really cool feature though if they do though. Right now, you can use iTunes though to output; but nothing else.

3. jellyman thread starter macrumors newbie

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That is for video sound sync if you viewing the video on your Mac while streaming the video's audio through Airfoil. That why the video's author spoke of using the 2100ms fix in VLC.

This lag has to do with the wireless slowness.