Question about the Back to School Deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Entourage12, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Entourage12 macrumors member

I'm looking to buy a MacBook Pro when they release the new ones hopefully between July 14th - September 1st. On Apples website the deal states:

Buy a qualifying Mac and iPod with your Apple education discount from June 3, 2008, through September 15, 2008, while supplies last, and be eligible for a rebate up to $319. Terms and conditions apply.

Has it ever happened from one of these promotions that they actually run out of the free products? If I'm buying so late into the promotion are my chances slashed at getting one?

Thanks.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If Apple is running the promotion to deplete iPod stock (making room for fall updates), then there's a chance that they will run out of some models. This is their way of covering their butts.

So, it is possible that if you wait too long, things could be gone. My prediction is that the 8GB iPod Touch will be first to go.

3. illidian macrumors 6502

It's likely that's always been the case with this discount. Apple's simply covering their rear.

4. Entourage12 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick responses. Now I just hope the Macbook comes out before they run out of iPod Touches!

5. illidian macrumors 6502

Apple will not run out of iPod Touch models. To my knowledge, they never have in any of their back-to-school promos.

6. f1 macrumors 6502

It did happen last year to an extent, my cousin went to an Apple Store about two days before school started to participate in the promotion and was told that since the 3G Nano had been introduced, that he had to participate in the promotion online.