Question about the BassJump 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rpmor, Aug 12, 2012.

1. rpmor macrumors member

Does anyone have it what are your experiences with it?

I used to own the Asus N55SF can anyone possibly tell me if the results are equal to or better than Asus's implementation of their subwoofer feature with their newer N-series lines of laptops?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Wow it's been a while since someone talked about this. I used it with 2011 13 MBA and those speakers were loud but very tinny. Using the BassJump, the bass improved dramatically and it sounded like someone put a whole set of new speakers plus a subwoofer in it. I enjoyed it very much.

3. Pimptastic macrumors regular

Pimptastic

I can't compare the bassjump to the asus as I've not heard the asus, but I have the bassjump connected to my 17" MacBook pro and it is awesome!!

One of my favorite purchases in recent times

4. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

I also love my bass jump 2 on my rmbp. Software is a little buggy in ml but its beta right now. Speaker itself is amazing

5. rpmor thread starter macrumors member

6. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

My friend's Asus G70-something or another (has Intel i7-2650M and 3GB NVIDIA GT560M) had terrible speakers (and terrible display).

The Bassjump original is exactly the same as the Bassjump 2. Serious. Go digging around on their FAQ and you'll see that I'm not lying.

Anyway, the new Bassjump software vastly improves the original, and the original was decent. Previously, it added a bit of depth and richness to your sound - the Mac's treble and high-mids are of excellent clarity, but the bass was lacking. Now, however, the Bassjump adds thumping bass.

Make sure you download the correct software.

7. rpmor thread starter macrumors member

ah so the software is actually improving its performance? interesting fact - thank you was completely unaware of that

8. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

still wonky though in bootcamp Windows.. but works great in OSX..

9. rpmor thread starter macrumors member

just going to use it within the Mac OS. only times i load windows is through a VM.

so from what i understood this actually performs better now than when it did before?

10. oldschool8604 macrumors newbie

I have the first bassjump and I love it. I use it when playing games or working out using my mbp for music.