question about the chasis on the macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ROGERWILCO357, Aug 23, 2009.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

ok how come the 13" MBP has a solid back plate with screws covering the upgrade material . And the 13" unibody macbook non pro has the nice button release tab that uncovers the upgrade material making upgrades a snap no screws . I guess the question is how come the pro has screws and the non pro has an easy tab release? I hate screws they don't want to unscrew easily and get lost. And how come the MBP's battery (7 hour battery) won't replace the aluminum's macbooks battery? thanks in advance and new to Mac so excuse the long sentence's:eek:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Because Apple doesn't want you to upgrade anything.

Battery had to be removed. In the pro, it's not allowed to be.

Can't possibly fit.

3. danimal99 macrumors regular

Also it could be that the previous model's door could have a little play in it and not feel as sturdy. I remember reading something about that.

The new MBP's feel very solid, at least my new 13" does. Removing the cover and upgrading the memory to 4G only took about 5 minutes. It really isn't that hard. Spread it out on a clean table with a towel or something underneath, and you won't lose the screws.

4. lathode macrumors member

I suggest watching the MBP unibody and battery videos on Apple. The tolerances are very tight, having latches and whatnot takes up space and is not as solid feeling or sleek. Removing 10 screws only takes a minute or two. I don't think most people are going to constantly be upgrading/swapping parts out. Doesn't make sense to anyway.

5. Z06jerry macrumors regular

By removing the latching hardware etc., they are able to make the battery approx. 25% larger thus the improved battery life, and the reason it doesn't fit in the uMB.

6. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

i see

so if i wanted to take the battery out of my mbp and put it in my wifes aluminum 13 in macbook i could not even if i wanted to upgrade it. for some reason I thought the 13's had the same chasis. guess not thanks guys